Wednesday, January 21, 2009

January Personal Scrapper Kit layouts

The January kit from Personal Scrapper featured the Fancy Pants' "Arctic Chill" line of papers. I was very happy with the kit and found the papers very easy to use. If I had seen this line in a store, I likely would have passed it over simply based on the color scheme. However, the patterns and colors were great AND the papers were all double-sided.

By pulling out some extra cardstock, I was able to complete 13 layouts with this month's kit and add-on. Another thing that really stretched my creativity was scraplifting several layouts.

When we had a snow the week before Christmas, I wasn't too surprised to walk out with my camera to find the basketball in the driveway. A little snow won't keep my two from playing basketball! I loved the picture that I took and made a 5x7 collage of the repeating image. I loved a layout in the January issue of Scrapbook Trends by Kimber McGray and used it as inspiration for this page, "Freezing Snow and they still play Basketball." I added some American Crafts chipboard snowflakes.I made a page for Kevin's album using the same photo and one of their "attempted" snowman (yes, it's just a pile...and a small one at that!). This is a lift of a Lisa Risser layout in the January Scrapbooks Etc.Each month, Personal Scrapper will post challenges for you to complete. I did "2008 according to Amy" for the 2008 In Review challenge. It's a 2-page 8-1/2x11 layout. I added some Making Memories tiny type alphas here and there.
Blake's album has a whole page dedicated to the snowman (aka pile of snow). I lifted a layout by Kim Watson from the January Creating Keepsakes. The snowflake in the upper right corner is actually an embossing template by American Traditional Designs that I've had for a few years (just sitting...).
I fell in love with an Ali Davis layout in the January CK. I used my Bazzill stitching templates to mimic the falling snowflakes. I covered the Bazzill snoflakes from the kit with silver Stickles. They took a while to dry, but were worth it!
Personal Scrapper DT member Heidi had a layout I loved that used bling on snowflake on the paper. I copied that look on this layout. I love how these photos show Blake pushing Kevin down the "hill" at the end of our front porch.
I had to do a layout of these pics for both boys' albums. For "kick start" I added some old American Crafts chipboard snowflakes, Junkitz tiles and a Li'l Davis coaster.I had printed several photos as collages. They had a white edge around them which made for some quick pages. For "freezing fun" I grouped everything together. I accented the polka dot paper with buttons and added a snowflake covered in Stickles.
I made a 5x7 collage of some of my favorite shots from the snow day before Christmas. I made an 8.5x11 page for my personal album with that photo. I loved using the rub-ons from the add-on. I also used my Bazzill stitching template and floss to accent the page. (That took quite a while!)
I started to lift a layout from a magazine that cut the center of a die cut piece of paper out to make the outline a frame. I took it in a different direction though when I didn't have a die cut sheet to match. Instead I traced a die cut Jenni Bowlin paper onto a Hambly transparency and used it as a background. I used these pics from Jan. '06 of the boys playing the neighbor. I finally had a use for the Making Memories Labelfetti stickers that came in the kit. I used more AC snowflakes and some foam Thickers.
The rest of the snow pictures I scrapped were from January '08. I used large MM glitter chipboard letters for "Snow time."
In the Personal Scrapper gallery, I loved how Inaru/Lydia used the wing diecuts from the add-on with a photo of a snowangel. I couldn't get the wings to work with a photo, so I used them in my title. To make "snow", I painted spotlight Making Memories paint over Heidi Swapp alphabet masks. I also added some more AC chipboard snowflakes to this page.
My last page used every last scrap of patterned paper from the kit/add-on! I love this photo of Kevin from January '08. I just added some more AC chipboard snowflakes.
Now, I'm ready for my February kit!

2 comments:

Erica said...

Wow - fantastic job Amy! You sure know how to use up a kit!!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love what you did with this kit. By the way, Kim Watson is one of my blogging buddies from Cape Town..I am hoping to meet her when we go down for a wedding in two weeks. She is an amazing scrapper too!