Thursday, June 7, 2012

Working with Studio Calico...

We had a rare school year this past year - NO SNOW DAYS! Does that ever happen??? We were finished with school on May 16. Let summer vacation begin!

I started my vacation scrapping with random Studio Calico...

I continued using my sketches from the online class I took - Sketchbook 4. I used the May 35mm kit to finish this layout of my nephew, Rhett. I actually used my LEAST favorite paper and cardstock, but with his pics, was able to make a layout I adore. I was inspired by Vee Jenning's take on the sketch.
I was inspired by Jennifer McGuire's take on Sketch 11 for my next layout of Reese enjoying her strawberries. I used the Candy Shoppe kit from February '11.
Using pics from the same visit with Reese and Rhett, I continued working with the Candy Shoppe kit and Kelly Noel's take on Sketch 3.

While I had Candy Shoppe out on my table, I pulled out some photos from Valentine's Day to make a layout documenting Kevin's big Valentine gift from his "girlfriend" this year.

Next, I decided I needed to get this year's school portraits scrapped, too. (I get two 8x10s - just in case!) I used Studio Calico's "old" Elementary line for these two layouts.
While I was pulling out older kits/supplies, I reached for the July '11 "Mind the Gap" kit to work with some Scout photos.
I will go back and journal on this one for Blake. And here's one for Kevin...

I picked up a new idea book while we were killing time between games at our last baseball tournament. It gave me more inspiration and I have a lot more layouts to share. Later...

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Such a good buy on that magazine. I love seeing all that you are doing with your SC kits, too :)