Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Summer update & June layouts

With the boys home from school, we've been enjoying their summer vacation. I can't believe June is already more than half over! We had a heat wave with temps in the 90s for a while, but things have "cooled" down a bit to the mid 80s. ;) The regular season of baseball ended and the tournaments are wrapping up. Blake's team finished 3rd of 6 and Kevin's team finished 1st out of 8 teams. Both boys won their first tournament game, but lost the second. It's double elimination, so we are hoping they both come back to win tonight's game so we can stay in (and hopefully win!). The tournaments will end our baseball for the summer.

This week both boys are attending Camp Invention and although Kevin got off to a rough start (he DID NOT enjoy the first day!!!), both are enjoying it. I don't think they enjoy being back on a school schedule in the morning though!

Next week we will have Vacation Bible School at our church and next month they will take swim lessons.

Although I haven't had much time to scrapbook since school let out, I was thrilled to receive my June kit from Personal Scrapper. Although the paper has a sort of beach theme to it, I was able to use it for so many things. So far, I have made 11 layouts with the kit and add-on, but two of them are double page layouts. That's a total of THIRTEEN 12x12 pages! I stayed up late after everyone was in bed for a few nights to get them completed.


Last Fall the boys attended a Jake's outing. Kevin caught a fish and even made the paper.
For some reason this Mother's Day layout isn't cooperating. I can't load it turned properly. (Sorry.) I cut surf boards out of the patterned paper to make the flower and border down the side of the page. The paper also worked great for Blake's Cub Scout kite flying pics. Before this arrived, I had no idea what to use with them. I cut his kite out of another shot and then positioned it over itself in another photo.
My "Backyard Play" layout is another one using hard-to-scrap photos. I loved using these fun papers with it. This is the view from my backdoor almost every weekend from spring until almost winter. All three of the Wheeler "boys" love to play backyard ball! Last fall we went to Bass Pro Shop for the first time. We had just left a pumpkin patch, so I had my camera with me. There was a portable potty on display and the boys had fun goofing off with it. Kevin's picture is priceless. Yes, he's our weirdo!!!The weekend before Mother's Day, we went to visit Tom's mother. We had a great time fishing over there and I got some wonderful shots of the boys. The series of photos in "Casting...123" just cracks me up. :)
Kevin was the big fisherman of the day! He caught several fish!
Tom had one fish "talking" to me. He tried to get Kevin to kiss the fish, but he wouldn't!
Although Blake's favorite part of fishing is casting (see above), I did get some good shots of him sitting still and being patient.
The patience paid off and he caught one! (It was his only catch all day, but he did better than me!)
Everyone had a great day and we can't wait to go back. I used a "Smashing Pumpkins" song for the title for this page in Kevin's album.
That's what we've been up to. I hope to post some baseball pics with hardware soon.




No comments: