Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I {heart} Scenic Route!

Scenic Route has quickly become one of my (if not THE) favorite paper manufacturers. Before we left for vacation last month, I finished a couple of layouts with their Liberty mini line of papers that was the Personal Scrapper add-on for July.

"Our Li'l Catcher" is based on a sketch in the SBE Page Planner book. What's funny is that two other scrapping friends also lifted the same sketch. I love this layout of Kevin in full catcher gear in our backyard back in April. In May, we attended a Louisville Bats game with Cub Scouts and Tom and the boys camped out on the field after the game. I didn't want to stay overnight (or drive home alone), so my sister Adriane went with us. I got some fun shots of her and Kevin that night. I used a sketch that was posted during a Personal Scrapper online crop to finish this layout. When I got my hands on Scenic Route's newest school-themed project collection - Appleton - I could not wait pull out the boys' school pictures. I made this layout of Blake on the last day of school in May the same day I received the kit.
The kit also worked well with these pictures of Kevin reading. (We are so proud of him!!!)
The kit also inspired me to upload our first day of school pictures to Walgreens the same day I took them! I swear I did not dress the kids to match the papers, but I don't think I could have done a better job if I had tried! This layout is for Kevin's album. First grade...wow!
I also did a first day of school layout for Blake's album. His 2-page layout is based on one I found on Allison Davis' blog. I loved her photo placement.I had to get a close up of Blake's new Boston Red Sox Reeboks (we found them on vacation). He was so excited to wear them to school to show his friends!And, I can't do a page of them leaving without one of them coming home...
I keep separate albums for each boy, so Kevin needed a "going" page, too. This Scenic Route quote could not have been more appropriate for him!
He won't tell me he missed me, but he was happy to be back home. (At least I keep telling myself that!)
I then finished the kit off with a non-school layout. Blake put his CHEAP school supplies to good use drawing football and baseball stadiums. You never know, that could be in his future. And, like any good scrapbooking mom, I made a page about it to document the event.
Thanks for looking!
I promise to get some vacation pictures posted soon. Plus, I have several layouts I created using the August kit from Personal Scrapper.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW Amy! I can't believe how many layouts you made out of that one kit! Super fun layouts!