Friday, May 22, 2009

"It's My Party"

OK...so it's not my party...my birthday is in December. I did feel like partying after using the new Bo Bunny "It's My Party" line of papers though. I picked up five sheets of their double sided paper and a package of coordinating brads and finished SIX 12x12 layouts and FOUR 2-page 12x12 layouts. That's really helping to make a dent in my obscene amount of birthday photos that have piled up over the years!

For starters, I pulled out Kevin's Chick-fil-A birthday pics from '07. Oh how I wish I had been printing out photo collages of that party! Still, I was able to get all my pics and even the memorabilia card to fit nicely into three double page LOs.

I also did a one page LO for Blake's album for the party. I had just received a photo order that included my nephew Luke's birthday party from last month. I made a really cute page for Blake's album using a special sheet of patterned paper. All the words were on the bottom of the paper - I just had to add Luke's name for my title. Then I added a striped strip to the top of the page, some brads, and called it done! I got a little sad looking at Kevin's 5th birthday photos. He was so little! I think "Life of the Party" is my favorite LO using this paper line. I love how it turned out.
"I'm this man...5" is my second favorite LO. I actually finished it for a crop challenge. I pulled out my circle punches to punch shapes out of one of the patterns and then raised them up with pop dots to add dimension to the page.

I had almost forgotten that on Kevin's 6th birthday, we didn't have a cake ON his actual birthday. We'd spent the day in Louisville and night he blew a candle out on one of the leftover cupcakes from his Chick-fil-A party. See...this is why we scrapbook. Or maybe why we shouldn't...I wonder now if Blake had a cake both at his friend party and at home that year...hmmm... I even scrapped my own birthday from last year! This page is for Blake's album.
Finally, I just took all the scraps I had and made them work on this page. This is for Blake's album. I liked how I got creative and finally did a folded corner (backed by patterned paper). I see that all the time on layouts, but never think to do it. I'm finding that I work quickly and feel really productive when I take a paper line and work with it until it's gone. I know some people comment that they get bored with a line if they use it for a period, but I think I like the rewarding feeling of getting so many pages finished.
I'm trying to decided if I should pull out the Cosmo Cricket Snorkel line to work on some water fun/pool pics or get the WRMK MVP line back out to finish up some more sports pages. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Lynette Jacobs said...

Amazing layouts Amy...I really admire you when it comes to amount of scrapping done.