Thursday, July 30, 2009

A La Carte

My friend Mel introduced me to a new challenge blog, A La Carte, that started in June. The challenges are presented in a way that really allows you to be creative, yet flexible. They offer a "menu" with six challenges. You are asked to incorporate at three of them into your layout. New challenges are posted on the 1st and 15th of each month.

Challenge #3 was posted on July 1. Here is the "menu" that was posted:
  1. Use doodling.
  2. Use the colors red, white, and blue.
  3. Use a critter.
  4. Use the word celebrate.
  5. Use four words in the title.
  6. Create a double-page layout.
I actually created two layouts based on this challenge. For "celebrate 6 years old", I used every menu item except for using a critter on my page. Unless you count Kevin...I guess he's sort of little critter, huh?
"The Chicks Dig Me" used four of the menu items. I didn't doodle or use the word celebrate.
Challenge 4 has been posted and I hope to get a layout (or two!) finished with it before the end of the month.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those are SO cute Amy!! I love love love the chicks dig me LO!