Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Croptoberfest Part 3

Whew! Where did the month of October go? Things have been staying really busy around here. We've been enjoying fall and adjusting to me getting back to work (which I really think I'm going to enjoy!).

I wanted to catch up on posting my Personal Scrapper Croptoberfest layouts.

October 13 challenge: Use Material
I might have cheated on this one since I used some old Love, Elsie fabric paper, but fabric is material! I pulled some shots of Kevin being crafty from different years. That's something I rarely do. October 14 challenge: Write a letter to someone
For almost two years, I've wanted to do this LO. I've had this photo of Blake at my grandparent's house taken the last time we were out there before the estate auction. I finally completed this challenge on Sunday, October 25. That was Pappa's birthday. October 15 challenge: Scrap a holiday or celebration
I think the birth of my new niece, Reese, was something to celebrate. I completed this 2-page LO for Kevin's album.
October 16 challenge: Circles and Celebrations
Continuing on the Reese celebration theme, I scrapped "The Wait for Reese" using the Basic Grey "Oh Baby Girl" paper line. October 17 challenge: Flowers, flowers, flowers
With a new little girl in the family, I might be using flowers more. This page is for Blake's album. He adores Reese!October 18 challenge: Black & White, Plus One Color, Plus Something Clear
I used new Teresa Collins products that I just received from Scrappin' {Sports} Stuff. For this challenge, I used red as my additional color. The "clear" accent is the "my team" clear sticker I added for my title. October 19 challenge: Birthday plus 2 of everything
I scrapped Reese's actual BIRTH day for this challenge! I used two different sheets of Basic Grey paper, two chipboard pieces (each inked with two different inks to get the color I wanted), two alpha sticker fonts, and two different ribbons. October 20 challenge: Use at least three 4x6 photos
This one was easy for me. I used new shots of the boys with Reese (surprise!) for Blake's album and an old Personal Scrapper kit. LOVE how this turned out. I didn't crop any of the photos, but I did tuck the lower one behind the curved strip of paper. October 21 challenge: Use both sides of only one sheet of patterned paper
I got creative on this one and used a "strip sheet" of paper from Cosmo Cricket's new Boyfriend line for this page for Kevin. It just makes me smile. I also completed four layouts that didn't fit into any of the challenges. The first, "ford tough", uses a favorite shot of Kevin. He's posing next to one of my dad's antique Ford tractors. Then I scrapped some school portraits of the boys. They are all really simple, but I am happy with how they turned out.
So far, I'm 8 challenges behind. Luckily, we have until November 6 to get them completed at uploaded.
Happy scrappin'!

3 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love how creative you are Amy! You are always the one to complete all challenges.

Melanie said...

Love your layouts. It is fun to see what you did with the sports stuff. Hope to see more soon. :)

Star Rork said...

Wow, you've been busy. Looks like you got to use up alot of your kits too! love them all!