Sunday, November 15, 2009

Trick or Treat?

Every year we look forward to Halloween and I'm always happy when the boys want something creative or different for their costumes. This year, Kevin found one of those arms that they sell to hang out of a trunk as a decoration in Michael's and he was running up and down the aisle acting like his arm had been cut off. I literally saw the lightbulb come on as the idea for his costume popped into his head. Quickly, I was agreeing with him and we decided the old button up shirt that was used as Dr. Frankenstein's lab coat last year could be converted into a shirt with the arm cut off...and bloody.

A couple days before Halloween, Kevin and I were in a party store and he saw fake mustaches. Well, he had to have one. On Halloween as I was getting him dressed, I looked at my little man with the mustache and busted out laughing. He looked like Ron Burgandy (Will Ferrell's character in the movie "Anchorman")! I had to cover up "Dr. Frankenstein" that was written on the shirt already, so for an inside joke with my family, I pulled out a "Hello my name is" sticker and added "Ron." I cracked up during the night when people passing out candy would call him "Ron."

For this layout using the Fancy Pants' papers from the October Personal Scrapper add-on, I used a quote from "Anchorman" for my title: "I don't know how to put this, but I'm a pretty big deal."For those of you wondering about Blake's costume...well, he was the "guy that cut off the arm," as he liked to tell everyone. Blake loved wearing the mask this year and having a blood-stained shirt. I think the "bloody" knife was his favorite though.One of my favorite shots from Halloween was the group shot of my family's trick-or-treaters. Joining Blake and Kevin were my nephews Dane and Luke who were a pirate and a parrot; my niece, Reese, who was the cutest pink monster ever; and my sister Kaitlin. Kaitlin was dressed up as a Transformer (Megatron?). For those of you who don't know, Kate is 21. And, when I list her as a trick-or-treater it IS because she went around trick-or-treating! I think it would be an understatement to say, "A good time was had by all."

I have so many pictures from Halloween, but not enough time to scrap them!

2 comments:

Keely Livings said...

Hi Amy! I love your work. I'm from KY, too.

Unknown said...

Amy you rock the layouts! Great job girl!