Thursday, February 25, 2010

Crop layouts!!!

Last week Personal Scrapper posted a mini online crop. After using up the Eerie papers, I was a bit stumped on what to work on next, so the challenges were quite welcome.
Fellow PS member, Lisa Hidy, posted a great 2-page sketch for the crop. I altered it just a bit, but LOVED using it. I was able to use my new "hot spot" Cosmo Cricket chipboard letters from Archiver's for part of the large, mixed title. I used Scenic Route "Salem" papers with these photos from 2007.The Monochromatic Challenge was a hard one for me - they always are! I decided to keep working with the SR Salem papers and pulled out the green patterns and a sheet of coordinating green cardstock. I liked the way a mask was used on a layout by Stacy Cohen in Scrapbook Trends' February issue. I also incorporated Stacy's ruffle technique on this layout of Kevin with
his new cousin Reese in late September. I always love challenges to use multiple alphas since I LOVE to mix my alphas. "100% fun" came together pretty quick. I switched back to the SR Salem line for this one. I was stumped on the "fears/phobias" challenge until I came across this spider photo in the photos I used for "one perfect fall day" (above). Both Blake and I are terrified of spiders, so I used this fun photo of a hay bale spider at the pumpkin farm to tell the story. I was stumped for design inspiration, so I reviewed Shannon Zickel's gallery on her blog. I know she is great about leaving plenty of room for journaling. The hand-stitched spider was all my idea though! I drew it with pencil, poked the holes, then erased my lines. It didn't take as long to stitch as I thought it would - that was a good thing!My last completed layout for this crop was for the "Mix it up" challenge to use five different products. Sticking with the SR Salem line, I used cardstock, patterned paper, stickers, chipboard adn brads. However, I wasn't able to get this one posted before the crop ended last night.My goal was to finish all ten challenges, but my body wasn't cooperating and chose sleep over scrapping. I had a migraine on Sunday and have been battling what is likely the "Kentucky Crud" since then. I've been going to bed early and trying to get a lot of rest.
I hope everyone else is staying well!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I love your two-pagers! The spider layout is my favorite. I may have to try stitching one sometime--you've inpsired me, like always :)