Saturday, October 11, 2008

Croptoberfest Part 2

This week I've stayed caught up with the LayOut A Day (LOAD) challenge at Personal Scrapper.

For day six, I completed three layouts. One was a double page LO for Kevin's album, but I'm not able to get it to upload to my blog correctly. "Be You" used a picture of Blake from this summer that I accidentally tinted purple when I was trying to make it b/w. I ended up pairing it up with purple and red papers by Sassafrass Lass and was pleased with the final LO. I painted some leftover lime green chipboard letters red to match the color scheme. "Big Pickin'" is for Kevin's album with pictures from 2006. He's really grown, hasn't he?! I used the October kit from Personal Scrapper for this one.
Last month I was so busy working on our vacation album, that I barely touched the September kit from Personal Scrapper. In the LOAD gallery, a LO by scrappinstar inspired me to pull out my kit and use it. I used a picture of Kevin at the lake this summer for "you" - it was the first of three LOs I did on the 7th.
I also used the September kit for a page about Kevin's awards day at school. "Kevin's Payday" was inspired by a LO I saw on the Prima blog by Cari Fennell.
"Connect" also used the September kit. I enjoyed scrapping about our nephews relationship with Blake.
Day 8 was a slow day...just one page, but it was a double. :) I pulled out my oldest Halloween pics, from '05, and enjoyed scrapping Kevin's pirate costume.
For the 9th, I had to keep things even, so I scrapped Blake's Halloween from that year, too.
Blake's birthday party/sleepover with friends was yesterday, so I didn't get anything completed ON day 10. I made up for it by completing two pages today though. For some reason, they are uploading turned sideways, so I'll wait to load them in next week's post. After 11 days, I'm up to 20 layouts. Woo-hoo!!!
Tomorrow is going to be a busy day. We are having all the grandparents and a few aunts over for the family birthday party tomorrow night. Then Monday Blake will turn 10. Everyone told me when he was born that time would fly by. They were so right!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Amy, You are doing an awesome job staying caught up with your layout a day! I know what you mean about time flying my son is turning 11 in a in 2 mos and it seems like yesterday he was born! I especially liked you BE YOU layout, this is silly but I would never have thought to paint over the original color of the chipboard! Thanks for sharing!
Lisa

Lynette Jacobs said...

Ohhh Amy....I still have quite a few layouts to do...I am going to try to get at some of it this afternoon. You have been working hard my friend...wonderful layouts.

Melanie said...

Your layouts all look so great! I can't believe how much you have already finished up this month. Your two page layouts are some of my favorites. But the Be You is at the top of my list :)