Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What makes me happy TODAY...

I woke up this morning happy, thankful. I guess two nice, warm days can do that for you. After the boys left this morning for school, I was thinking about all the things that make me happy. Aside from the constants (the boys and Tom) here's what I came up with:
  1. My new pillow. Seriously. Love it! Only $5 on sale at Target a couple weeks ago. Pure happiness.
  2. Having the weather to open the windows and hearing the birds outside. Hearing birds always makes me think of my Mamma & Pappa's house. Good memories.
  3. Nathan's Hot Dogs! Yum. I had my first one on our honeymoon at an airport and fell in love. The Walmart of all places in the town where we used to live has one. I went over there for the dentist yesterday and stopped in for one. I should have bought two!
  4. No cavities! Ever! I always dread going to the denist. Not sure what I'd do if they ever told me I had a cavity...
  5. March Madness is here. I'm looking forward to getting the brackets this weekend. It's so fun following basketball with the boys.
  6. A clean house. Simple.
  7. Getting a new photo order. I love looking back over what we've done together as a family. I even changed out one of our 5x7 frames in the living room to showcase a new informal family photo.
  8. Baseball season...drumroll...is nearing. Team selections are this weekend and practices will start up.
  9. Walks with the boys around the subdivision.
  10. Sitting on the deck.

I should note that our 70-degree weather has passed. It's 46 and rainy today. But I know the warmer weather (and happiness!) will soon return. I have a lot to look forward to.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

What a GREAT post! I love hearing what makes you happy.

Lynette Jacobs said...

It is so wonderful to see that it is usually the little things that really makes us happy.

Unknown said...

That is a fun post! thanks for sharing!

EmmaJ said...

Great post Amy! I think I am going to make a list too.