Monday, August 23, 2010

Block Party, anyone?

Earlier this month, I received my design team package from Scrappin' {Sports} Stuff. I was thrilled with my Bo Bunny "Block Party" supplies. I have to admit, that I'm not always a fan of their lines, but these patterns are great! My plans from the moment I saw them online were to use them for sports pages - what else?!?With school starting back in addition to a nasty string of migraines hitting me all at once, my scrap time has been a bit limited. Still, I carved out a little time to create.

As soon as I saw this "starburst" patterned paper, I knew I had to scrap Kevin's baseball season. I especially had to document the first time that Tom was Kevin's head coach. This layout isn't one of my favorites design-wise, but I really like the story that I've documented.My second layout using Block Party is a layout based on a sketch by the fabulous Allison Davis. It's always so easy to take her sketches and adapt them to the number and sizes of photos you have on hand. For this layout, I chose photos of Kevin in a pitching cage at the Louisville Bats minor league baseball game in May. Kevin attended a birthday party there. The cool thing about this layout is that I took the photos on the top row. The photos on the bottom row were taken by the birthday boy's dad from the other end of the cage. Pretty cool, huh? I still have several supplies left over from this line and countless sports photo that would make it. You'll be seeing this line again soon!

Happy scrappin'!

3 comments:

Lydia said...

great layouts! I love that star burst pp! And don't you just love Ali's sketches??? I have a ton of sports pics that I need to start scrapping! This is making me want to get some of them done before a new season starts...

Destiny said...

I love checking out your blog daily because you are so creative.I love Ali's sketches also and thank goodness I just live about 60 miles from there store.I love what you did with this line and hope to get some of my thousands of sports pics done soon, You are such an inspiration and I can't wait to see what you create next.

Melanie said...

Love these layouts! You do such a great job with products and showcasing your photos.