Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Thanks to Shannon and Noel...

I had some more Shannon Zickel layouts that I wanted to scraplift that matched up with Christmas photos, but I was out of the Echo Park Christmas line. (Remember all the layouts I made with that line over the weekend? See here.) I decided to pull out my Noel Mignon "Bedford Falls" kit.

For my first layout, I wanted to use one of Shannon's layouts that had a big arrow on the page. Since the Christmas patterns I selected seemed more formal, I opted to leave off the arrow. This layout is more of an "inspired by" page than a scraplift. The main elements on this page that I pulled from Shannon's original include the strips to the right of the photo and the monogram circle wrapped in twine in the upper left corner of the page.
Layout #2 is a scraplift! I even pulled out my Scenic Route notebook paper for the background.
I added more tags to my page and switched up my embellishments a bit. Instead of using a heart, I decided on a star. (My first time using Studio Calico's wood veneer - love it!)


Not sure if you've noticed, but I'm really starting to use my button stash! It's to the point where I finish a layout and then look to see if there is a spot to add a button (or brad) anywhere. Oh, and then I have to make sure the button is either sewn or tied. We can't have a bare button just sitting on the page! ;)
So many photos, so little time...


4 comments:

Addie said...

Love the button! I always have bare buttons but wish they were tied! Maybe you'll inspire me!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Amy you have been on a roll and I just got caught up in your latest layouts...all of them beautiful. I have also noticed that you are using more light background papers for your layouts.

Melanie said...

Great job using your stash! I love seeing what you create :)

Unknown said...

Love them all! I really like the white string on the button, too! Such a great look!