Armed with my new May Studio Calico kit - Lawn Party - and a fresh batch of printed photos, I went to work. I was quite productive in my short spurts of time.
My first layout, "MmMm...Chocolate" is based on one of the sketches.I love the simplicity of this page. I used mist (Pony) to change the color of the Thickers in the kit. I wasn't sure what to do with the Fancy Pants Filter Paper accents, so I used half of one peaking over my photos for an embellishment and to back part of my title.
"The Big Hunt" is also based on a sketch. I switched it up a bit though. The scalloped border on the sketch was altered and I used up the whole pack of Pebbles flags from the kit.
Again, I used the filter paper for my journaling. This time I backed it with a design hand cut from one of the Studio Calico papers. In January, I had a layout appear in Creating Keepsakes after I won their Reader's Pick Poll. Of course, I had to scrap that! This layout is based on another sketch. I switched the orientation from portrait to landscape though. The sketch I used for "Crazy" was 12x12, but I worked it into an 8-1/2x11 layout. I actually REALLY disliked the floral paper I used here, but once I put it up against the pictures, really liked the final layout. My sister had taken these shots of Reese making her crazy face. I love this kid!
Oh look...another Reese layout. In this photo, she seriously looks like I did as a toddler. This layout came together quickly thanks to another SC sketch.I decided to raise up my circles under the photo with pop dots. I also added the Pebbles flower brads to random circles. Photos of Reese hunting eggs worked perfectly with the kit, too. I didn't have to use a sketch for this one.
I think my sister might get aggravated with me for stretching Reese's curls out to give her BIG HAIR. But, she's just so cute... For this layout, I pretty much just pieced scraps together. I had used up almost all of the embellishments in the kit. The filter paper and Basic Grey alphas doubled for journaling/subtitle.
Finally, I did one more page. Again, I pieced scrap papers together and used the remaining embellishments.