Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A few projects to share...

I spent Monday thoroughly cleaning up our bonus room. My scrap area was a wreck from where I had started so many projects and never put anything away! I went through every kit page, drawer and basket. I purged several supplies and ended up with a very nice, clean workspace. (Wonder how long I can keep it that way???)

I got everything ready just in time for an online crop at Personal Scrapper. While I've enjoyed making layouts for the challenges during the crop, I realized that before I share those LOs, I had a few that I really liked from the past few weeks that I wanted to share.

"Facts 7-15-09" used the July Personal Scrapper kit and a ton of misc. alphas/numbers. This page had a "by the numbers" theme.
  • there are 37,576 miles on my car
  • Mom of 2 allstar boys!
  • aunt to 6...almost!
  • 34 years old
  • wife of 11 years
  • 264 scrapbook layouts in '09 completed
  • I've read 39 books this year - it's my new love

This next LO tells a story that I had to get down for Kevin before I forgot it. I used my new August PS kit for this page. Journaling reads: Kevin was so excited to hear that his 7 year old allstar team would play in New Albancy, Indiana. He kept saying he was "going to the states"!! I kept trying to explain that even Kentucky was in "the states" and we were just going to ANOTHER state. He didn't really understand - I think he was too excited knowing he was going to play somewhere even his big brother never played. He had a great time and the tournament was a great experience for the whole team.

"Pool Party" is a scraplift of a layout by Heidi/anbzmom over at Personal Scrapper. I used the August PS kit for this LO. Finally, on my most recent trip to Archiver's, I picked up a set of Making Memories Halloween epoxy alphabets since I knew I had some of the coordinating paper line left. So the letters were simply get filed away, I pulled out the paper line some Halloween embellishments and made a page. I used a Jolee's set!!! I actually used a lot on this page - MM wordfetti stickers, Heidi Swapp tulle, Junkitz glittered chipboard (arrow).

So far, I've finished 9 crop challenges. I'll be back to share them later...