Sunday, September 19, 2010

Scrap happens...

Scrapbooking has always been a great outlet for me. With my surgery date approaching, I've needed a happy distraction.

The other night I finished another layout for Kevin's First Communion. I am still using the Noel Mignon "Sweet Sue" kit for these photos. Last night my scrapping buddy came over to visit. We hadn't scrapped together since we went to a crop in March! I really wish we could get together more often. We had dinner, visited a lot and still managed to scrap some. I finished three layouts before she left and then had an idea to finish a 4th right after she left.

I used the new Crate Paper school line for a couple of layouts. I had just received these products in my Scrappin' {Sports} Stuff design team order that arrived yesterday. The first layout I scrapped used my new school portrait. Staff members receive a free photo package. It was weird once I realized it had been 18 years since my last school photo!!!I also scrapped Kevin's "student interest inventory" that his teacher mailed to us over the summer. We had to turn it in at Open House just before school started. I loved his answers so much that I copied it so I could scrap it. I still had some Bo Bunny "Block Party" supplies from Scrappin' {Sports} Stuff and had photos from a birthday party Kevin attended at a minor league baseball game paired up with them. I pulled the photos of Kevin with his foam finger. I actually wanted to call this layout "give 'em the finger" but Debbie advised against it!I did another layout of Kevin's school work. He had to write about his summer vacation. I thought this map paper from the new Basic Grey "Wander" line worked well as a background. The page is pretty similar to the other school work page, but I wanted to keep it simple.

I have a 2-pager started on my scrap table. The photos are from the party where Kevin got the foam finger. I plan to use more of the Block Party papers. Hopefully I'll get it finished before my surgery. I have a lot of things to mark off on my to-do list between now and Friday morning though.

Have a great week!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

AMY, your amazing!!!! Seriously you are a scrappin machine, and you produce such fabulous layouts so quickly!

I love the back 2 school layout of you! I will have to barrow that idea; toooo cute!

I am praying for your upcoming surgery, and I pray peace on you!

Thanks for coming by my blog! So fun being able to catch up with some of the ps gals! Have missed you all!

Have a blessed night!

Melanie said...

These are great layouts! I'm impressed you got so much done while scrapping with someone else. :)

Love the school project pages--so much better to have them showcased like that than in a folder where they'll be forgotten (who me? never!).

Amanda Profumo said...

Amy, these layouts are awesome! So many too... you are my hero! I'm desperately trying to find the time to scrap... keep the inspiration coming!