Monday, November 14, 2011

Here's a LOAD for you...

In the scrapping world, "LOAD" stand for LayOut A Day. Every October, PersonalScrapper.com challenges message board members to participate in Croptoberfest to complete 31 layouts for the month. I am proud to say that I completed that challenge (and then some).


Today I'd like to share a few of my layouts from October with you.


For a birthday challenge, I completed a non-traditional birthday layout about my mother-in-law's birthday in September. I'm not really a butterfly fan, but she is. It was the perfect layout for me to use these chipboard butterflies from Studio Calico. I used the same Studio Calico kit to scrap Blake meeting his new cousin Rhett for the first time. I loved using the washi tape to make a mat behind my photos. The layout is really simple. I love ledger patterned papers for journaling. I switched gears from working with a kit to using some older DT products I received from Scrappin' {Sports} Stuff last fall. The Pink Paislee "Old School" papers worked great with these homecoming spirit week pics of Blake. The colors in the "Old School" line were also perfect for scrapping Blake's last Court of Honor for Boy Scouts.



Then I was back to my Studio Calico kits... (The following layouts were all completed using SC kits.)



I have a habit of pulling out my least favorite papers from a kit to try to work with them first. I'm not a huge fan of florals or pink, so I used them both on this layout of me and Tom. I LOVED the "yesterday, today, tomorrow" journaling cards that were in the kit. I used them together to create a mat behind my photo. This next layout is one of my new favorites. I used 2" square scraps left over from 2x10" strips I had cut for another layout. I rounded the corners and arranged them in a grid pattern. This layout just makes me smile. Of course, the photo of my boys helps with that, too. I love these two!I had fresh pics of my new nephew, so I made a couple layouts about Rhett.


I didn't realize until I was finished with the second layout how similar the two were.

This fall, I ended up with several pics of me and Tom together...

And, finally I have a baseball layout to work in, too. I got a little creative with this one. I made my own baseball embellishment. I should really try to get more creative with my layouts, but quick and simple is really my style. So I don't overwhelm you with photos, I'll share the rest of my October projects later.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I think the title for your post should have been . . . "Get a LOAD of this" :-)

I've said it before but I'll say it again, YOU ROCK.

Erica said...

Wow Amy - I think you may be the only one that completed 31 layouts (and more!). Your layouts look great!!!