Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Get a LOAD of this...

Welcome to part 2 of my October LOAD (LayOut A Day) from the Croptoberfest at PersonalScrapper.com.

For my first layout, I scrapped Kevin meeting his new cousin. I used a kit from Studio Calico for this two pager. The trim around the whole layout was from my least favorite sheet in the kit. I seem to be in the minority when I say I was NOT a fan of the "Out of Print" release from Basic Grey this year.
I was, however, a fan of those little button/fabric embellishments from the same line though. They were the perfect, simple accent for the page.

Next up, I created another 2-pager for some of Kevin's Scout pics. I used leftover "Old School" products by Pink Paislee that I received in my design team package from Scrappin' {Sports} Stuff a while back. I don't love this layout, but it's a memory documented and that is what it's all about - right?


I went back to Studio Calico for my next layout.

I used a few of my Mr. Huey mists on the cardstock and also the Pink Paislee trims. I ended up really happy with this layout. "My Big Boy" is one of my happy pages. Happy Pages just make me smile. I love Blake so much and took the opportunity to tell him on this layout. I used the same Studio Calico for this page. Loved how the ledger paper allowed me so much room for journaling. In September, I had purchased the Halloween themed add-on from Studio Calico. I was able to get two 2-page layouts and two single-page layouts out of that kit. I backed the Basic Grey "Out of Print" alphas with patterned paper and adhered them with pop dots so they'd stand out. I have to admit I was a bit stumped with more than a few of the products I used on "Winner" (Maya Road tags, spider paper, large Pink Paislee brads). But, in the end I finally found a use for these items that I liked. The last page I created with the kit was my favorite. And, I'm proud to say that I even used the stamp (banner) that came in the kit. I NEVER use the stamps. I just hoard them. I used them for my journaling. I also put my Martha Stewart spider web border punches to good use. I purchased them for cheap after Halloween last year and knew that eventually they'd get used! And finally, I opened my Paper Moon kit from Studio Calico for two more layouts. Both were highlighting Blake's broken wrist from the beginning of the year.


In reverse order, we have him showing of his new red cast...
And then we documented him getting his cast put on. (I can't be the only mother that takes step-by-step pics of this, am I?) I added some Studio Calico wood veneer letters to the kit to make my title. Ok...I want to sit down and scrap now! But, we have places to go tonight...

No comments: