Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I've left the island!

Well, I was voted off of Survivor - Scrapper Island over at PersonalScrapper.com. I was happy to have made it into the final four though. Even more so, I was thrilled to find out that since I made it into the top 6 that I will be able to guest design for them later this year. That was my favorite thing about the winning "prize package" - guest designing.

For my last week of Survivor, I completed 6 challenges. Here they are:

We had a "photojournalism" challenge to use a photo that tells a story. I thought this shot of Tom filling out the NCAA tournament bracket said it all.
We were also asked to complete two previous challenges. For one, I completed the "brad shape" challenge (semi-circles along a couple sides). The quote on this page was perfect for Kevin: "Forget Love, I'd rather fall in Chocolate"!!!
Another past challenge was to use "red, blue, the word sweet and a picture of me". This layout was my most detailed. I hand cut all of those gears out of patterned paper (what was I thinking??). I also sewed on the page and painted and inked the chipboard circle in the center to get it just the right shade. Now that's dedication!
This page is one of my new all-time favorites. I was asked to use a sketch that I had submitted in the beginning of the challenge. I had just taken this picture and opted to print it in b/w. I am so blessed to have these three guys!!!
There was a favorite room challenge and I decided to scrap Blake's room. He's the oldest like I was, but he's luckier because he actually gets his own space! I'm so glad we can give that to him. This page was just fun to make.
My least favorite challenge was to use my name (or initials-but come on, J & W???) on the layout with descriptive words about me. It was easier to use phrases.
This past week has been a crazy one. The boys baseball league had their opening ceremonies on Friday night and the boys played in tournaments all weekend. I will get pictures posted for that soon. :)

No comments: