Thursday, April 3, 2008

Survivor Challenge 6

I wanted to post the Survivor challenges I did last week. Many of you saw them when you voted for me, but here is an up close look.
My first challenge was to scrap an inanimate object and to journal from that angle. I chose Kevin's bear Roar E. You might not be able to tell, but in the center of every starburst on this page, I inserted a brad.Challenge #2 was to create your own flowers for a layout. I used my new Janome Sew Mini sewing maching to stitch fabric, then I twisted it around to make a sort of rosette. I layered that over flowers I cut from felt and finished them off with a button. This one was fun and a step outside of my box.My most difficult challenge was to create a page based on a reality TV show. I chose TLC's "What Not To Wear" - hello...I graduated in 1992, so you know I had plenty of photos of outfits to choose from for this one. I was more than preoccupied last week, so the above layouts weren't my best work. I was really hoping to win immunity with the layout I submitted. The Design Team judged the layouts, but I wasn't selected. Still I was very proud of the layout I made. It includes pictures of the other five finalists. The two that were "voted off" this week are the two in the lower left corner.
I have six challenges to complete for round 7 that are due April 13. I just finished #3. So far I am REALLY happy with all of them. I can't wait to share them with everyone.

No comments: