Wednesday, February 4, 2009

HOME SWEET HOME!!!

Our power came back on Monday night! Yay!!! We came home that night and are now safe and warm. Unfortunately, there are still thousands of home around us without power. All of the schools in our county now have power and they will start back to school tomorrow - Thursday - on a one hour delay. Today is the 7th school day they've missed in a row due to last week's ice storm.

When I get a chance, I will post pictures of the crazy events of the past week. It was a wild one! For now, I'll leave you with the view I had from my back door. This is what my patio furniture looked like on the first day of the ice storm.

5 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

Wow Amy...if it was not so cold...you would see the beauty in that pic.

Erica said...

Wow - what a picture!!

Raymonty said...

I hope that you have recovered from the ice storm and things are getting back to normal for you and your family.

Unknown said...

WOW! That picture gave me chills! The cold kind! Glad to hear your power is back on!

Melanie said...

So glad you are all back home safe and comfy. That picture is amazing! Can't wait to see more!