Monday, October 25, 2010

22 down...

Only 15 more to make!

I saw Halloween treat boxes (pumpkin, mummy, frankenstein) in an issue of Scrapbook Trends magazine. I knew they'd be easy to make with a sheet of 12x12 cardstock and fun to do with Kevin. When I found some black pipe cleaners in with our craft supplies, I decided to add spiders to our collection. I did alter the mummy and frankenstein a bit. I didn't want to waste buttons on things that will likely be tossed after a school party. So instead, I am using punched paper circles and adhering the top layer with pop dots.

I love these! I just might make four more so I'll have a whole set to use for decoration here at home.

The best part has been working with Kevin to make them. :)

4 comments:

Lisa in Texas said...

These are so adorable! I'm glad you and Kevin had fun making them together!

Unknown said...

Amy you are awesome! Those are so cute! I also read your last post and I am so glad your feeling better and healing great! Your school layouts were so great too!

Kell said...

These are so cute!

Melanie said...

How cute are these?! I don't remember seeing them in the mag--will have to go back and check. LOVE the spiders!

Oh, and I had to laugh about your comments about buttons--I'm just the opposite, always looking for reasons to use them and get rid of them (LOL)!