Monday, October 4, 2010

The Road to Recovery's 1st stop...

Tom flew out for a business trip early yesterday morning and while I had big plans to get up and take the boys to church and run errands, I slept until 10 a.m. I think it was my body's way of telling me I NEEDED it. I didn't feel good at all yesterday. We stayed home all day and only left the house to go to dinner at my parents' house. I could make the 9 mile trip if it meant not having to cook!

I felt bad about not getting out yesterday because it would have been my cousin Tiffany's 30th birthday. My aunt had asked us to release a balloon in honor of Tiffany. Unfortunately there is no place to get a helium filled balloon between my house and Mom's. Today the boys and I bought three balloons. We came home and released them. Blake let go of his a bit early, so I wasn't able to get a good shot of all of them together in the sky.I think about Tiffany often. She won't be forgotten. (Love ya, mean it, Tiff!)

Now, let's rewind a bit...This morning, I woke up feeling better than I have since before my surgery. Yay!
My dentist's office called to reschedule my appointment this Wednesday for another day (now in November). I had planned to take the boys out to lunch after my appointment and do a little browsing in the town where we used to live. (It's about 40 minutes from here.) Since I felt so good this morning, I decided to go ahead and go over today instead of waiting until Wednesday.

We had lunch at the historic Old Talbott Tavern. Yum!!! Who knew my boys would love Fried Green Tomatoes? I had secretly hoped I'd get to eat the whole order myself! The french onion soup I had was great. So were the homemade chips I ate off of Kevin's plate. :)
I have good boys. They let me shop in a few stores and they were GOOD. None of that usual "he touched me" or even worse them touching everything they see. They were holding doors open for me and holding my hand, too. That happens every so often when you bribe them with a trip to the local drugstore's ice cream counter...Two chocolate shakes for them and one divine chocolate malt for me. All made the old fashioned way and served with the mixing cup. It filled up our "fancy" glasses (as Blake called them) twice.
Needless to say, I did not require dinner tonight!
It was a good day. I hope I feel just as good tomorrow.


Destiny said...

What a great day! Sounds fun. Glad you are feeling better.

Mel said...

New to your blog and just wanted to tell you I am loving your scrappy style and hope you are feeling ok today:)

Lydia said...

Amy I happy to hear you are feeling better. I think it is great that your sons open the door for you (and still hold your hand!!) I had a lady come up to me at the mall and tell me "Good Job Mom- I watched your son open the door for you and then when he held it open for the lady she was pleasantly surprised"- so I am passing the GOOD JOB MOM to you!!! We need to raise our boys into Gentlemen.

Lynette said...

I remember how my children used to irritate every body with "He is looking at me...tell him to stop looking at me." Kids, they are the same all over the world.

~Joy-N-Jesus~ said...

So glad to see your getting out! You look beautiful! Glad to hear your boys are taking good care of you too! that is awesome! Your layouts look beautiful! Your amazing girl!