Sunday, October 24, 2010

I've got "School Spirit" (and one month post-op)

I am in love with the Crate Paper "School Spirit" line. This weekend with half of my family (Tom and Blake) away on a Scouting trip, I managed to work in some scrap time while Kevin either played or slept.

Our neighbor gave me a couple shots of Kevin from the first day of school. In these photos, he's sitting next to Adam who lives across the street. Kevin has talked about how Adam is his best friend in their class this year. Because of enrollment numbers, it was necessary to add a fifth 3rd grade class. A few students were pulled from each existing classroom to form the new class. Adam was moved. Kevin has commented that he misses seeing Adam, but is thankful that they still have "specials" (art, music, PE) together each day. I used these photos to document that story.

Next, I decided to scrap Kevin ready for school on the first day. Finally, I went back to the end of the last school year. Well, "almost" the end. It was actually the day before the last day, so I gave it the title "The End is Near." Because of work, I wasn't able to be home to see the boys off to school on the last day. Instead, I took advantage of being home the morning before the last day (awards day) and took their photos a day early.
I think this is my new favorite layout. :)
In other news...
It's hard to believe that it's already been a month since my thyroid surgery. I am quite happy with the way my incision healed. Over time it will just blend in with the natural crease in my neck. I am amazed at how much better I feel since my surgery. It was really worth it!
Tom and Blake are back from their trip. They had a great time hiking, but are glad to be home.
Hope everyone has a wonderful week. I can't believe we are a week away from Halloween!

4 comments:

Lydia said...

I love how you worked the School Spirit line and your scar looks great- it really is very minimal. I am glad you are feeling better!

Melanie said...

Your incision is looking really good. It already blends in well. Hooray!

Your school layouts are so fun! I really like them all :)

Addie said...

I haven't seen the school spirit line before but I really like it! You did a great job with it, love the layouts!

Your scar is looking good! Gabe had surgery on his neck a few years ago and we go back to the Dr. tomorrow to see if he'll need another one. Hoping not!

Lynette Jacobs said...

I am so happy that you are recovering so well Amy.

Your school layouts are beautiful