Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1/11/11: Snow Day...

Today's Snow Day was brought to you by the number 1 and the letters P, D, and W (as in Polka Dot Whimsy)...

I have a clean scrap space, so I spent the morning creating with what is left of my January kit. I made a layout for my personal album that focused on journaling what I want out of this year. I loved the "keyboard" pattern on a sheet of Bella Boulevard paper in the kit. I cut the individual keys out for part of my title.
It's rare that I do a single-photo layout, but that was all I had for this "event" - the boys asleep in the backseat. I used the remaining portion of the KI Memories die cut calendar paper that I used on the above layout. The backside was just ruled and it was perfect for my journaling.
I used the Washi tape that was wrapped around the fabric in the kit to back part of my title. (Now I want more of it!)
There were several buttons in the kit. I made a whimsical border on the page with the Basic Grey felties and layered buttons and sequins.
I made a couple simple cards, too. For the one on the left, I layered a couple of die cut flowers with a crocheted flower, a regular flower and a big button. The flower on the yellow card is made of fabric. I like the fabric border on that card, too.
This afternoon we took Blake to our county's first Fiscal Court meeting of the year. For a merit badge, Blake had to meet with a local elected official. He asked his former principal, Mr. E.G. Thompson, if he could interview him and was invited to attend the meeting and lead the Pledge of Allegiance. (Mr. Thompson was also my principal for 1st-8th grades!)
Blake is pictured with Mr. Thompson and our county Judge Executive Harry Berry.
Blake did a great job. We are so proud of him.
No school again tomorrow...

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Love your layouts and cards. The button border is so cute :)

Addie said...

Great job on the layouts & cards! So how much snow do you have?!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love them all! As I said before...I am so in need of a snow day;-D