Sunday, January 30, 2011

Mixing up my holidays...

My February Chocolatier project for Crop Chocolate was to create something for Valentine's Day or love themed. Instead of using your typical Valentine's Day products, I decided to use the leftovers from the amazing "Everybody Loves Christmas" line by Echo Park. Since I scrap my boys, I didn't like using the pink patterns for their Christmas layouts. Plus, I thought the brown patterned paper I used on the left hand side made this page for Kevin a little less feminine, too.

In addition to the items in the EP paper pack, I added a sheet of white cardstock a strip of rose trim, and red foil Thickers (all by American Crafts). The pink brads were from my stash.

Kevin actually helped with this layout. He drew up a "sketch" for me and I actually used elements from that sketch to come up with this page. (He's my little artist!)

Here's hoping we get a full week in at school without any snow! It's back to work tomorrow.

4 comments:

Addie said...

Great sketch & layout!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Stunning...I love that trim.

Unknown said...

That is too cute! great work

Amy Pitts said...

Great layout I really love it! He did an awsome job helping on the sketch too.