Friday, April 29, 2011

Me - the Photographer?

It's been a few years since we've had professional portraits taken (aside from school portraits). I decided I wanted to get a photographer to meet me and do outside pictures instead of studio shots. But...our schedule got in the way.

During spring break, I decided to just take the boys to a nearby town and get some shots of them together. We can get full family shots later. Unfortunately, I wasn't thinking clearly on the day I picked to do the pictures. We met some family in town for lunch beforehand and Kevin ended up with RED French dressing all over the front of his blue and white striped polo. (There's NEVER a dull moment with that kid!)

Sure, I could have either taken him home to change or opted to go another afternoon. But...I had coordinated the boys and set THAT afternoon aside for the pictures. With some creative cropping and positioning (Kevin...stand behind the tree...stand behind the railing...cross your arms...turn to the side), I got some great shots and no one will ever know Kevin's shirt was splattered with red dressing. I'm having enlargements made of some of my favorite shots, but I also used 4x6s (and some trimmed to 3.5x5) in this collage frame I've had for a while (a couple years?). I was really pleased with the shots I got with my point & shoot.

In other news, we are on day two of sunshine. Yay! Seeing the sun first thing in the morning just puts me in a better mood. That's a good thing!

Now if we can just keep the sun around for the weekend...

4 comments:

Addie said...

The pictures look great! Have a good weekend!

kimmcc69 said...

Great pictures Amy! Love the new look of your blog too. Miss hearing from you over at Personal Scrapper. Hope all is well.

Melanie said...

You were persistent! I would have given up with a stained shirt :) The photos are awesome. And way to go using up a frame--I have a stash of those that never get filled.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Impressive Amy. I still want to take all my children and grandchildren for some photos...but I don't want stiff formal ones.