Friday, June 3, 2011

A Mini for Reese...

When I printed my Easter photos, I ordered copies to give my sister photos of Reese. Once they arrived, I decided to hold on to the photos to make a mini album for Reese. When the May kit from Polka Dot Whimsy arrived, I thought it was perfect for my mini.

Everything in the album came from my kit. I simply pulled a Prima album cover from my stash. Using Modge Podge, I covered both the inside and outside covers with patterned paper. I layered Pink Paislee border strips (adhering the top layer with pop dots for dimension) to make my title border.

For my inside pages, I selected my favorite patterned paper and placed them so coordinating pages would open together. I then staggered the page edges. Some edges are simply punched while others are finished with border stickers. The inside cover has an envelope with a tag. I wrote a special note to Reese on the tag. (Love that girl!)

Reese was too cute coming up a "hill" in the yard while hunting for eggs!


I get more comments on those two little lady bugs on this page than on anything else in the album. Michelle always included the coolest little "doo dahs" in every PDW kit. This shot of my sister and her husband with Reese was their only family shot from the day. I'm so glad I captured it. This fall they will become a family of four.

Here's another priceless photo of Reese with my mom's dog. Too cute!

At the back of the album, I included a couple sheets of note paper included with the kit. This will allow my sister to journal some of her memories from Easter for Reese.


Although my heart belongs to 12x12 layouts for my boys, it sure was fun to make this little mini for my niece!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

What a sweet album! Reese is getting so big. As I looked through it, I thought how much fun it must be for you to do girl projects :)

Love the staggered pages, too!