Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Webelo...The Champ...

With the end of school comes an "end" in Cub Scouts. However, it's actually more of a beginning as we celebrate Crossover. Kevin crossed over from being a Bear to a Webelo. Grammar junkie me has to laugh at the meaning of Webelo. It's stands for "We Be Loyal Scouts." (That just kills me!)



Still, it was a special moment seeing Tom switch out Kevin's neckerchief for the new plaid one he will proudly wear as he earns the requirements for Webelo. He will be a Webelo his last two years of Cub Scouts before he crosses over into Boy Scouts. I am proud of our new Webelo!In other great Kevin news...Kevin's baseball team (finally) won the "opening weekend tournament" that started in mid-April. We just finished it last weekend - on June 5! We swept the tournament.The boys are also on their way to an undefeated season. Go Braves!




In other Wheeler boy news...my guys both got contacts this week. It's quite a change seeing Kevin especially without his glasses since he wore his ALL THE TIME! They sure are growing up...




In Amy news, I am sure enjoying my summer break with my guys!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Hooray for Kevin! That totally cracks me up about Webelos . . . I have a little boy who is starting scouts in the fall. They grow up too fast!

Contacts will be great for their activities. Once I switched, it was heaven :)