Monday, August 1, 2011

I {heart} New York - Part 1

In December, after nearly 16 years of hearing Tom say, "One of these days, I'll take you to New York City..." I finally went with him!

It was four amazing days. I could NEVER live there, but it sure was fun to be a tourist! This summer, I decided it was time to make an album of our trip. I thought I'd have a lot of free time on my hands with school out. HA! The boys kept me pretty busy!

Today is "opening day" at school for staff, so I'm technically back to school even though students start until Wednesday. My NYC album is far from finished, but it is nice to have it started. Now, I'd like to share a few of my pages.


My first page is a shot of us at the airport. I thought it was a fitting way to start the album and tell a little background info about our trip. I used a mixture of Studio Calico and Simple Stories products on this layout. I love Studio Calico alphas...Here's another self-portrait on page 2. (You'll be seeing a lot of these!) I had to share my first glimpses (from the airplane) of New York.

(Everything on this page is by Studio Calico.)


Next up is a page of some of the first big sights we saw on our drive from the airport.

(Layout is combination of Simple Stories, Studio Calico and a film strip ribbon by Tim Holtz.)


Riding in a NYC cab is an experience in itself and deserved it's own page t otell the story! That lower photo shows a school bus right.on.top. of the side of the cab I was sitting on. !!!

(Layout is almost all Studio Calico with some Simple Stories, an old scrap of Scenic Route grid paper,

Basic Grey mini black alphas and SMASH tape.)


I also had to do a page about my two wonderful tour guides that showed me around town while Tom was busy in meetings on day one. They were too good to me!

(Layout is completed using Basic Grey background paper, Jillibean Soup tag, and all other products are Studio Calico.)

Well, there you have the first few pages. I'll share more soon.

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go...

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Fabulous layouts! I love them all! I've become a huge Studio Calico and Simple Stories fan too!

Have a great day at work :)

kimmcc69 said...

Love how you are detailing your NY trip. So fun.
I used the Simple Stories Travel line on a travel journal for my dad and loved it. Definitely see more Simple Stories in my future.
Have a great first day back!

Melanie said...

These are wonderful! I'm so glad you are sharing them. I'm missed so much on your blog while away! Trying to get caught up :)