Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Celebrating with "Animal Crackers"...

I have been a bit M.I.A. since Blake's birthday. Rest assured, I survived his 13th. However, although I'd love to share some pictures from his special day, I have had some camera issues that are making uploading my photos a little difficult. Plus, I just haven't had the time to mess with in.

In the meantime, I'll stick with the birthday theme (while not his 13th) and share some recent layouts I did for my design team commitment with Scrappin' {Sports} Stuff. I was really drawn to the bright colors and fun patterns of the "Animal Crackers" line by Imaginisce. I knew I didn't have any circus or fair pictures to use with the line, but instead felt that it would be perfect for some birthday pages.

Armed with Sketches for Scrapbooking Volume 8 by Allison Davis, I was able to sit down with this line, my photos, and a fun assortment of alphas and quickly knock out some documented memories.

First, I scrapped Tom's birthday from August.
2-page layouts make me so happy.

Pop dots turned shapes cut from patterned paper into instant embellishments.

The die-cut pennant strip was one of my favorite embellishments from the whole line. (LOVE those colors!)


Next up was Blake's 12th birthday.


It's obsvious from the pics that he really enjoyed his dinner out at the local Mexican restaurant.
I only used one side of the sketch for this single page layout. I used another of the pennant strips and added a couple different Thicker fonts, too. The pennants made yet another appearance on a page from Kevin's birthday last November. This layout is for Blake's album. Kevin loved the Cars set Blake gave him. In addition to Thickers (2 fonts), I also used alphas from Paper Trunk and Sassafrass Lass.


Our fun family game of pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey needed a page to itself. My youngest sister won the game at Kevin's party last fall.


I used the ribbons from the line to help frame out the page. Several pop dots were also used on this layout.

I converted a couple of my favorite photos from Blake's 12th birthday to black and white. I'm glad I did since I think they look so nice on this next layout. They aren't competing with the bright colors on the rest of the layout.
Since I was out of my pennant borders, I used pennant paper!
When I have a lot of photos from one event, I often print them as photo collages. I did that for pics of Blake with his gifts. I like to document what he receives each year, so we can look back and remember his interests. In this case, I printed the photos as 2-up 4x6 collages. This made it very easy to get six photos on one page.
I used a set of Thickers, a set of Cosmo Cricket chipboard alphas and a sheet of Scenic Route alpha stickers for my big title.
To further accent the page, I added some scraps in the upper corner, a piece of ribbon and a Jenni Bowlin vintage looking button from my stash.


While going through my stash, I decided to use up some older (and large) chipboard alphas by Heidi Swapp on this final 2-pager. This layout shows off the gifts Blake got from family at his party last year.
I didn't have enough letters to spell the word I wanted, so I used the negative "scrap" from a G and just backed it with patterned paper.
Once again, I cut shapes out of the papers and adhered them with pop dots for dimension.Now I want to print out photos from this year's birthday and scrap them!


Happy scrappin'!

No comments: