Thursday, October 20, 2011

I'm (Still) An Athlete...

Did that title catch your attention?


Ha! Ok, so I'm not an athlete, but my two boys. It seems I will never run out of photos to use for my design team commitments at Scrappin' {Sports} Stuff. A couple months ago, I used my DT credit to purchase the "I'm An Athlete" collection by SEI. I pulled out the "scraps" from the line recently to complete a couple additional layouts.


It's rare that I make one photo layouts, but I only had one photo of Blake to tell this story. When we went to Kevin's baseball tournment over in New Albany, Indiana, Blake was allowed to go up in the scorer's box and announce the players. He was a great sport and even asked for the opposing team's line-up so he could also announce their players. The layout came together really quick. I even used one of the diecut 12" borders to frame my photo.


I was a little intimidated by the basketball court pattern on this one sheet of paper. Then I realized it would be a great background for a couple collage prints I had made. We had way TOO MANY photos of my guys playing basketball in the driveway with Tom's brother and his kids last spring. By creating the collages, I didn't have to decide on just a few photos to scrap. I added a journaling block, some tickets cut from one of the patterned papers, a pennant die cut strip and some foam stickers from the line. Then, I finished my layout off with some Varsity Thickers.

Scrappin' {Sports} Stuff always has just the right products for my sports-themed pages.

No comments: