Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!!!

We had a great time celebrating Halloween over the past couple of days.

Tom and Blake were camping all weekend with Scouts, so we waited until they got home yesterday to carve our pumpkins. Mine was the coolest. I made a bat pupkin. I even added "blood" around the mouth.
As I was completing my pumpkin, I turned around to see quite a scary site going to work behind me. (Have you heard me say that this kid just isn't right???) But, in the end, he had a pretty happy, smiling pumpkin.

Blake had to put on his "thinking 'fro" to do his carving. (And Crazy Kev had to jump in the background of this shot!)I love the wicked grin on his jack-o-lantern.Sunday night we went to trunk or treat at our church. Everyone loved Kevin's Edward Scissorhands costume. Blake said he dressed up as "Casual Friday." Teenagers...For Kevin's scissorhands, I traced scissors on glitter foam, then attached them to black gloves using brads. That's Kevin real hair painted black. Too bad it wasn't longer...We only had one trick-or-treater this year. It was a bit sad.Tom and I walked around our subdivision with Kevin. Blake sat out on our porch and scared the trick-or-treaters. I have to admit, he did look a bit gruesome!It was a very nice Halloween. I am blessed to have these two boys. They are already thinking ahead to next year for costume (and makeup) ideas. Oh, I have one more photo to share...


While uploading my pics, I noticed a couple that I did't take. Kevin just might turn out to be a great photographer some day. Don't you love the angle he used to capture his newest lego set?









Happy Halloween!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

LOVE the Edward Scissorhands! What a clever costume. Those scissors are super cool.

It's so fun when you get your kids' perspective of things. :)

Melanie said...

Oh, and I forgot to say how awesome your bat pumpkin is!

Lisa in Texas said...

Amy,the boys looked awesome! Love the way you did the scissorhands! CREATIVE!!! You pumpkin is neat to, looks like you guys had a great time!

Addie said...

Love all these pictures! The bat pumpkin is so cool! I love the E.S. costume! So clever! Blake looked great too! The boys pumpkins were neat too! Looks like you had a good Halloween! I'm preparing my Halloween blog post now!

Anonymous said...

That Edward Scissorhands costume is so creative!! I loved the pumpkins too. We actually have not carved ours yet! I told the boys we can still do it this week - lol

Erica