Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I {heart} American Craft's "Junior" & White Cardstock...

This weekend I had a friend come over to scrap with me. I did a lot more talking than scrapping, but was able to finish a couple layouts. I decided to pull out the American Crafts "Junior" package I had received from a friend.

First, I scrapped Kevin's basketball photos from back in January/February. There really wasn't a story to tell, so I skipped journaling. I did make my title "Go 2" to remind me that Kevin was #2 this year. I also pulled some basketball snaps from my stash to add. Love when I can use up old stuff! When I was pulling out the basketball snaps, I came across a Jolee's football set. I decided to use it, too. Loved this "x" paper for football pics even if they are just from our backyard. I used something new, something old, and when it looked like something was still missing, I drew a border around the whole thing.
As soon as I opened my package, I fell in love with the orange sheet of patterned paper because of it's texture. I knew it had to find a home on a basketball page. On Saturday, I got a bit creative and cut out a large circle, then drew on lines to mimic a basketball. It looked ok, but not great. So, I stiched black thread over the lines. Now it's a basketball! I roughed up the edge of the star paper and added another hand-drawn border. For a finishing touch, I added the red piece of paper that was a scrap from my September Personal Scrapper kit. Blake was starting to feel left out when he saw that I'd scrapped three layouts in a row for Kevin. I recently received a photo order, so I pulled pics from one of Blake's all-star tournaments this summer. I had printed several collages, so I pieced them together with my 4x6s. Then I just added paper here and there to block them in. The baseball embellishment by my title is just a punched circle that I drew stitching on. I raised it up with pop dots. I didn't realize until I photographed them, but I used white cardstock for all of them. I tend to go in spurts where white is my "go to" color and then I'll use only colors for a while. I guess I'm back in my white phase.
I haven't scrapped since Saturday and I'm starting to have withdrawals! Lucky for me, Personal Scrapper is having an online crop that will start later today. I'm hoping the challenges will get me going!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

LOVE your layouts! It is fun to see how you used the papers and thickers. The football LO with the handdrawn border is my favorite. Nice finishing touch!