Sunday, September 13, 2009

Wonderful Weekend...

I guess you know a weekend is going to be a good one when you spend your Friday shopping in your favorite scrapbook and having lunch at Cheesecake Factory. I was happy to spend the day with my aunt Missy to celebrate her birthday a couple days early. I came home with a few new scrapbook supplies, some new seasonal scents from Bath & Body Works, hoodies I found on sale for the boys, and leftover Carrot Cake Cheesecake (YUM!).

Saturday morning I woke up to find the boys crafting away using my scraps to make a gigantic birthday card for Tom's mom. Her birthday falls on 9/11 and she was stopping in to visit with us and celebrate before heading home. I always smile when I see my boys getting crafty. (Check out the scallop punches they added!) We had a nice lunch and good visit with Grandma Rosemary. The boys adore her! (See the size of their card compared to the one I made!)
Saturday evening took us on a secret mission to do a little shopping for the soon-to-arrive Baby Reese - the first baby girl grandbaby on the Smith side. I'm not sure who was more excited about the gift - the boys or Tom.
We made a pit stop into J.Crew and when I turned around, I about cracked up at the sight of this:
No, they aren't right, but they're mine.
Oh, and I can't forget one of the highlights of my day...
While cleaning on the house yesterday morning, I heard a honk. The mailman was in the driveway. I hadn't ordered anything and didn't think Tom was expecting a package either. I was very happy to see the return address and realize that it was a surprise package from a dear friend.
Although we've never met in person, I am constantly amazed when I'm reminded of how well she "gets" me. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU (you know who you are) for the "Junior" papers, Thickers and extra goodies.
I'm hoping Sunday will allow me a little time for some scrapping. With my two sports-lovin' boys, I know I have just the photos for these supplies.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

awe that sounds like a great weekend! I love the card your boys made; how cute is that. So glad you enjoyed your time with family and was blessed with some scrappy supplies :)

Melanie said...

Your boys crack me up! Oh, and carrot cake cheesecake--YUM! It sounds delicious!