Thursday, September 24, 2009

I love online crops!

Personal Scrapper is having a week-long online crop that started yesterday. Erica (the owner) always posts the best challenges to get everyone scrapping. I LOVE challenges.
The first challenge that I finished was for SCRAPLIFT THE DESIGN TEAM. I decided to lift a page by DT member Jenny from the September kit idea sheet. I ended up changing a bit. Plus, in addition to using my brand new American Crafts "Junior" papers, I added an old "allstar" embellishment and some OLD baseball stickers that I stuck on top of pop dots for some dimension.
The FALL WORD challenge was to use any or all of the words "fall, fresh, fun, farm, back" in your title. I scrapped "Fall Ball" to explain that although the boys didn't play fall ball (baseball) this year, they sure played a lot of football in the backyard. I have a lot of hand-stitching on this page and it uses more of the "Junior" line.
I had to use more of that basketball textured paper on a Blake layout to keep peace in our house. (Although I didn't stitch on it like I did for Kevin's page...) This was for the COUNTDOWN CHALLENGE to use 5 photos, 4 patterned papers, 3 embellishments, 2 alphas, and 1 journaling box. To make the journaling box, I stacked some label stickers. I'm getting a lot of use out of this "Junior" line!
Design team member Carrie Postma posted three variations for a SKETCH CHALLENGE. I had this enlargement of the town Kevin built with blocks. I saw the lego-looking AC paper and was reminded of this photo. It worked great with the sketch.
Finally, I was flattered when Erica asked if she could use a layout I did a while back for a SCRAPLIFT CHALLENGE. I took my layout and adjusted it a bit by using a square piece of diecut paper. (I cut about an inch out of the center and pieced it back together.) The My Mind's Eye papers I used were part of my "secret sister" gift from Kim/kimmcc at Personal Scrapper. As soon as I saw them, I knew they'd be perfect for these pictures of us with Tom's brother who was visiting last month from Alaska.
Well, I now have 5 of the 16 challenges finished. I hope to finish the rest of them before the end of the crop on Tuesday.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Look at you--already 5 challenges down AND you've blogged about it. You amaze me!

Love the stitching on the football LO, and the Kevin's city LO--awesome!

It's so fun to see what you are doing with your AC papers.

Deana said...

Wow... you were busy! Cute LO's, Amy! :-)