I had pulled some photos out that I thought would work with the kit. They stayed in a stack. Every so often, I'd grab a group of photos and move them around on my scrap table. Nothing came to me.
This morning after the bus left with the boys, I came up to my table. I took Kevin's first day of school pictures from this year and started playing around with them. I had them divided into groups for three different layouts. I took the first section and pulled out three sheets of patterned paper to use.
I finally found a photo arrangement that made me happy. I used several different embellishments from the kit and added the "bus" card from my stash. Then I realized I only used ONE of the patterned papers I'd pulled out. But I love the layout. The kit included the coolest sheet of paper that looked like a game board. Instead of covering up the paper, I decided to cut it apart and use it in pieces. I framed the LO with strips of patterned paper. I pulled some yellow foam Thickers from my stash to finish off the title. I'm debating finding a larger "2" for my title since it's so much smaller than the "nd".
To finish off Kevin's first day of school pics, I played around with some stips of the more muted patterns and worked everything at an angle. In addition to the kit, I pulled some vinyl Thickers, the "school" card and some buttons from my stash.
So Blake wouldn't be left out, I decided to scrap his last day of school from May. I used more of the gameboard paper. I used the top half of the page for pics of him that morning and the bottom for the afternoon "school's out!!!" shots. I cut some pencils out of a sheet of Cosmo Cricket paper and added some twine to the page, too.