Monday, November 29, 2010

Pre-Thanksgiving scrap...

Since I know my December is going to be crazy-busy, I tried to get a jump start on my design team commitments for Scrappin' {Sports} Stuff. I used the We R Memory Keepers "Show & Tell" line to scrap Kevin's diorama project from earlier in the year. I was soooooo proud of Kevin for all the work he did himself on his project. He was the only student to draw his animals, too. The layout was pretty simple and focused on the photos, but I added stitching with a white pen to the die cut paper and also to all of the alphas. Then I switched years and scrapped photos with papers I was dying to use together. For the first time ever, we went to an orchard and picked our own apples. The "Apple Cider" line from Imaginisce was perfect for these photos.
Again, I went with a simple layout and focused on my photos. One photo wouldn't fit in my "grid" so I cropped it in to a cirlce. Then I got a bit creative and cut two leaves out of kraft paper, wadded them up, and painted them green.
I also used the green paint on my kraft corrugated alphas. I cut several strips of patterned paper and used a border punch on some of them. Both layouts just make me happy.
Have a great week!

3 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

Gorgeous layouts Amy...you always make it look so easy.

Amy Pitts said...

These pages are so cute I love all the little details on the apple pages.

Melanie said...

These are both fab! Love the Apple Picking one. Those leaves turned out great.

Using your paint . . . you inspire me :)