Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Scrappin' {Sports} Stuff...and school, too!

For my DT layouts this month, I was able to work with three different lines from Scrappin' {Sports} Stuff.

For my first layout, I documented Kevin's all-star baseball team's end of season party. The team went undefeated this summer, 23-0. I used the Bo Bunny "Block Party" line for this layout. The colors worked great with the team colors (although you can't see their red in these shots). I also added a journaling card by Little Yellow Bicycle. I thought the "Season Highlight" heading was appropriate to wrap up their year. I was able to incorporate my new Martha Stewart "cherish" border punch into this layout. Plus, I even made my own baseball embellishment. I copied this idea from Allison Davis.
Speaking of Allison Davis...I used her November Sketch Week sketch for my next layout, "At the bus stop." Again, I used product from Scrappin' {Sports} Stuff. This time I worked with the Crate Paper "School Spirit" line. I scrapped photos of the boys from the first day of school in August. I even handstitched all around that alpha paper. I'm also really liking the look of matting my alphabets instead of just sticking them down on the page. Sure that chipboard accent was meant to be an A+, but for my page, it became "at"...Finally, I pulled out another line from Scrappin' {Sports} Stuff to scrap Blake's recent (last week!) awards ceremony at school. On the standardized tests they take in the spring, he scored proficient on Reading, Writing and Social Studies. He was Distinguished in Math. (We are so proud of him!!!) The colors in the Pink Paislee "Old School" line worked great with my photos.Since I was scrapping Blake and one of his best friends, I cut the "skirt" off of the female "restroom person" on the glitter sticker sheet so I'd have two males to accent my page.
Once again, I decided to mat part of my title (distinguished). This was a fun page to put together. I already have plans for my Scrappin' {Sports} Stuff projects for December. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Lisa in Texas said...

Great layouts Amy, love how you used Block Party for a sports layout, very creative!