Monday, November 15, 2010

Thanksgiving is next week?!...Oh, Shutterfly...

Last night I looked at the calendar and it hit me. Thanksgiving is NEXT WEEK! How did that happen? How did it sneak up on me? I can't remember the last time I didn't have all of cards (all 70+ of them) handmade by Thanksgiving. Usually I was waiting to get a nice family shot of us in front of the tree the weekend after Thanksgiving. Then I'd hand address all my cards, insert my letter and happily mail everything out the first week of December.

I figured if I took the time to make a card by hand, I wanted it to arrive early enough to be "enjoyed" most of the month of December - right?

I have decided that Shutterfly just might end up being my new best friend this holiday season. I don't have time to make all of my cards this year and I don't really want to. I'd rather use my available crafty time for scrapping layouts.

So, last night I spent some time browsing my holiday card options at Shutterfly.
I love the look of their folded 5x7 cards. They are "real cards" but with my photo(s). Very classy option.
I like this card (With Love Chartreuse Christmas 5x7 folded card) because it has room for so many photos. It's been a year since most of our card list have seen any of us, so I like to include more than one shot in our cards. I also love the traditional Christmas colors. The brown, blue and red combo of this card (Seasonal Chic 2010 Christmas 5x7 folded card) also appeal to me. I'd just have to decide which boy gets the larger invidual photo spot! Or I do one big family and two small shots of them together...
I also loved the look of the flat stationery cards. They are printed on premium cardstock. Plus, I wouldn't feel obligated to write more inside the card. (That's another time saver!)
I really like the sentiment on this one (2010 Wishes Christmas Card 5x7): This one might be the perfect choice for me. Again, traditional colors + "Merry Christmas" + a monogram. It practically has my name written all over it!But then there is also this option. Hello...the "letter" is printed right there ON the card. (And the "Merry Christmas" is just an added bonus.)
If you are interested in a more inexpensive option, the styles are just as great on the flat photo cards. They come in both 4x8 and 5x7 sizes.
Right now you can also take advatage of a special they are promoting. You can get FREE STANDARD SHIPPING on order $30+ just by entering code SHIP30.
If you'd like to earn 50 free cards for yourself this holiday season, find out how bloggers can by checking out this link.

3 comments:

Addie said...

I was thinking about using Shutterfly this year too! They have so many options! We're hoping to take our own family pics next weekend! I'm getting my roots touched up on friday, must wait until after that!:)

Lynette Jacobs said...

Wow, this is a stunning option and one I would have opted for if Shutterfly was as affordable for us.

Melanie said...

Oh, I love these! thanks for posting all the options . . . hmmm I think shutterfly should give you commission :)