Sunday, June 27, 2010

I feel like sharing...

I realized tonight that I had a few layouts left to share...

Over at PersonalScrapper.com, every so often I host a game called 6 degrees of Separation - a Scraplift game. The rules are pretty simple, we start with a layout and it's passed on to another scrapper who has three days to lift the layout anyway they want. They can lift it exactly or simply be inspired by one or more elements on the page. After the layout is lifted by six scrappers, the results are posted for everyone to see.
I usually start with a layout of my own to send out first. I did that in the last round with my "just precious" layout. It's pretty much made of scraps. I had that Pink Paisley rub-on that I was stumped on how to use. Not overly creative, but the end result was a simple page that I was happy to share. I think I'm happy that the photos remained the focus.
My next layout was a lift for the game. I asked my friend Mel to send me a starting layout. I loved her original and lifted it pretty close. I didn't use as many embellishments though. For this layout, my focus was on the journaling. I really wanted to put into words how precious Blake's handmade Mother's Day windsock was to me. A challenge for an online crop at PersonalScrapper.com inspired me to scrap these photos from Father's Day '09 of the boys with my dad. I used new papers from American Crafts' Abode line. I just added a tag for journaling, a scrap of Fancy Pants ribbon and a couple different alphas. Simple is good. Finally, I have another layout that uses the Pink Paislee "Starlight" line that I received in my designer kit from Scrappin' {Sports} Stuff. I thought these photos of Blake with his Boy Scout Troop selling hot dogs over Memorial Day weekend went well with it. I love the banner stickers that coordinate with this line. Speaking of Blake and Boy Scouts...my boy is finally home. We picked him up at camp on Friday night. I missed him! I spent most of yesterday hugging on him!
Today we took a day trip to visit Tom's family. We enjoyed seeing Toy Story 3 in IMAX 3-D. (It might just be the best Toy Story yet! LOVED it!) Yes, I cried. A lot. Then my boys all had fun out on the river boating with Tom's younger brother and his family.
Tonight I finished up a mini album for our spring break trip that I hope to share soon. I need good daylight to take photos.
I just realized today that June is almost over! I hope everyone is enjoying summer. :)

1 comment:

Melanie said...

So glad you shared these. You have been a busy scrapping girl lately.

Glad your boys had fun on the boat ;)