Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Like Father, Like Son...

My latest design team order arrived from Scrappin' {Sports} Stuff last week. I selected the new Fancy Pants "Like Father, Like Son" son.

As soon as I saw the two sheets of black/grey patterns, I had an idea in mind to use with Kevin's travel team (the Slam) photos. I had purposely ordered two sheets of each of these patterns knowing I'd need to make a 2-page layout. Since I took so many photos of Kevin playing ball, I had them printed 2-up on a 4x6 print.
The rest of the papers in the line have a blue/green/orange color scheme. LOVE it!
I am a sucker for ruled papers since I love to journal so much. These two photos of Tom and Kevin were simply of them goofing off (hence the title: 2 Goofs), but the paper allowed me to journal about how they are alike and different. Again, I had two sheets of this pattern, so I was able to cut the designs out of the second sheet so I could layer them on the layout to add dimension to the page. "Super Dad" used a sketch by Allison Davis. I am such a fan of her work!The photos for "Me & My Dad" are from October '08 when Blake turned 10. I am glad I had them printed out in b/w already. I love how they look against these patterns/colors. This is probably my favorite page using this line. I have lost count of the number of times I've attempted to scrap these photos, but put them away. They don't really tell a story other than the fact that we were going to a wedding. (I forgot to take my camera to the wedding!) But, I think my family cleaned up pretty nice for the event, so I wanted to scrap it. With LFLS, I finally found a color scheme and patterns that worked with these pictures! I just kept my layout really clean and simple. Simple is good. Happy Scrappin'!

2 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

Love your layouts Amy...and I love that you tell the story of the photos in your journaling.

Melanie said...

This line is totally you! It is fun to see what you created with it :)