Thursday, June 10, 2010

A little Rockabilly...

Paper Trunk recently released a fun, new line - Rockabilly. I think it is my favorite release from this company. The patterns are very fun and the color scheme is fun and vivid. I especially like that they added embellishments - flair and chipboard - with this release.

I ordered the full Rockabilly line as an add-on from PersonalScrapper.com this month. A summer online crop started over at PersonalScrapper this week, and I've been able to put my Rockabilly papers to good use.

There was a challenge to use a black background for your layout with a little bling added. Black Bazzill Swiss Dot paper was included in the add-on. I spritzed it a bit with some Pearl Glimmer Mist and then went to work on the rest of my layout. I used red and green Glimmer Mist on the chipboard cherries, too.
It's just a simple page to document how much Kevin enjoys his chocolate milkshake (with a cherry on top!) treats at Steak 'n Shake. After finishing this page, I thought it still needed "something." So...I tore the corner off and but some of the cherry paper in its place.

The next challenge is one that I'm starting to look forward to at each crop. It's a sketch by the wonderful Lisa Hidy. I made a few adjustments to her sketch, but LOVE how this one turned out. The journaling card is cut from the back of one of the papers. The lines were all at angles, but I cut it down so they'd run straight for journaling. This shot is from last fall. We were in J. Crew and I turn around to catch my boys sporting hats and striking poses for me. They aren't right. (How many times have you heard me say that?)

Oh, and what is a crop session without a layout about Reese?

PS member Lindsey posted a challenge to use six (or more) circles on your page. I guess I could have cheated and pointed out the circles on the background paper. Instead, I punched six circles from various patterns, wadded them up, inked them and layered them into "flowers." These photos were taken when Reese was just 3 weeks old. She's crying because she didn't want to leave my house!

This last layout is my new recent favorite.
The photos were taken on Blake's 10th birthday. He'll be twelve in October. Which reminds me...he'll be 13 in 16 months and 3 days.
I need to go find some kleenex now...(sniff, sniff)

4 comments:

Addie said...

Amy you did a great job with this line! Love all the layouts!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Well done Amy...you rocked the Rockabilly!

Unknown said...

I have loved seeing all your LO's with this line! You did such a good job with it!

Melanie said...

Love these! You really did rock the Rockabilly :)