Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Roughin' It - Scrappin' Style!

I mentioned previously how thrilled I was to see the new Bo Bunny "Roughin' It" line in the store over at Scrappin' {Sports} Stuff.

With Blake in Boy Scouts now, I knew I'd have a lot of camping photos to scrap since they will camp out usually once a month. I didn't have to wait long for camping photos. In April, they had a trip planned that was first delayed because of approaching storms (that missed us) on Friday night and then once they headed out on Saturday, they cut the trip short just hours later when we did have severe weather (tornado warning!) in our area.

To document this story, I created "not a happy camper." I loved that the diecut paper had a ledger background. It was great for journaling.
"Home from The Great Outdoors" is kind of gross. I used the journaling lines on the inside of the tent to tell about our stinky situation when Blake returned after two nights of camping without showers and how I am thankful his upcoming weeklong trip will have showers!"Ouch! Mosquito Bites" was inspired by a sketch by the wonderful Lisa Hidy. Blake looked awful when he returned from camping last month. Luckily his bites didn't bother him too much and without scratching them, they healed quickly.And, I can't forget the Boogie...I had to make a page for Kevin. Afterall, he is our "future boy scout." He enjoyed checking out Blake's campsite last month. In three years, he'll be joining them!I have a 2-page layout with this line finished and a second one started. I hope to be back to post them soon.
I'm really enjoying my design team package from Scrappin' {Sports} Stuff this month!

2 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

You totally rock ANY kit you lay your hands on...awesome!

Melanie said...

This are fun layouts. You really did a great job with that line!