Thursday, September 8, 2011

"Making the Team..."

As soon as I saw the preview of Bella Boulevard's new line "Making the Team" I knew I had to work with it. Needless to say, I was beyond THRILLED when I saw it was "coming soon" over at Scrappin' {Sports} Stuff. I couldn't wait for it to come in so I could use my design team credit!

My order arrived on Saturday right before we headed out for the day, but I worked in some quality scrap time on Sunday...

I scrapped a couple non-action shots of Kevin with a couple of his travel team teammates. These three had so much fun together! I used a sheet of black cardstock for my base. Everything on this layout is from the Bella Boulevard line with the exception of the red arrow - it's Jillibean Soup corrugated cardboard sprayed with Mr. Huey Schoolhouse mist by Studio Calico.

I loved the funky alphabet that came on the sticker sheet and added in a couple chipboard numbers for my title.

Next, I had to document Blake's great "Trifecta" - showcasing the baseballs he hit out of the three ball fields in our league.

This layout came together really quick since I used the black patterned paper with quotes and simply topped it with a section of the border striped paper. I was even able to add my journaling to the grid patterned section. I mixed my title using Bella Blvd. chipboard numbers and a mix of American Crafts Thickers and Paper Trunk alphas in white.

I hand-cut a baseball from one paper and added it with pop dots for a fun little accent.


When Blake played in the District Tournament in July, I ended up with a lot of great photos. "100% Athlete" catches him sliding back to 1st base and all dirty afterwards. He even ripped a hole in his pants (knee) the first time he ever wore them!

EVERYTHING on this layout was part of the paper line with the exception of the three brads I added to the flag stickers.

I fell in love with the bright colors and fun patterns - they make me happy.
Blake made a great play (on his knees!) while playing 3rd base. These photos told a great story that deserved a page to themselves. "Game Face" spotlights two of my favorite photos from Districts. My boy is so handsome.



I just added pop dots to a few stickers to give the page some dimension.


Lucky for me, we captured some of Blake's emotion behind the plate. I thought the "It's all in your attitude" quote from the paper line was PERFECT for this layout.
I added an older American Crafts sticker font with a classic set of Thickers.


And, since Blake was catching most of the weekend...I had another layout of him behind the plate.
I'm still enjoying the banner trend. As you can tell, I LOVED working with line! I have a few more projects to share with it, but I'll save them for another day.


Happy scrappin'!

3 comments:

Addie said...

Holy Sports Layouts Batman! You did awesome!:)

Lynette Jacobs said...

It is amazing how you crank out one layout after the other...and they are all amazing.

Melanie said...

So perfect for you! Love the catch layout :)