Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Perfect Saturday...

Today was the perfect day! Although we woke up to rain, that soon cleared off and the sun came out. This afternoon we went to one of our favorite fall spots to pick up items for our fall display.

Our boys are a bit big for the straw maze that they have up every year, but still enjoy the thrill of finding just the perfect pumpkin. Reluctantly, Blake poses in pictures for me...


It's hard to keep Kevin from making a crazy face in photos. (Below was take 2...)
Although the farm adds new decorations and displays each year, we still enjoy going back to a few favorites for photos. The huge jack-o-lantern is one of my favorites! (Both boys still fit inside it - for now!)I wish I could just load up all the mums to bring home with me. Love them!

Blake has turned into quite the helper. With his growing height has come a lot of strength, too. (This comes in handy at home for me a lot!)
Kevin can be a big help, too.
We ended up with a great assortment of pumpkins for our fall display. I think both boys want to carve two pumpkins each this Halloween. After working so hard selecting our items and then loading them up, the guys took a drink break. While Tom enjoyed a root beer, the boys went with Grape sodas.
And then it was...(drum roll, please...) SELF-PORTRAIT TIME!!!

Tom and I noticed an extra in our shot...
So, we made sure no one (Blake!) was left out of our family self-portrait. I love these guys!


But, that wasn't the end of my day. This evening, I found another guy to love.
I'd like to introduce you to my new nephew, Rhett. He was born just after 7 pm this evening. He's a little guy - 6lbs. 13 oz. and 19-1/2" - but perfectly healthy.I am so happy for my sister, Lindsey.I can't wait for the boys to meet him!

2 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

Wow...great photos...and I really enjoyed seeing what a day in your life looks like Amy. Congratulations on your beautiful little nephew.

Melanie said...

The pumpkin patch looks like a ton of fun. All of those mums are amazing!