Thursday, April 29, 2010

My "Playdate"...

I almost fell out of my chair a few weeks ago while checking my email after work. I had an email from Noel Mignon announcing the new "Playdate" kit. I couldn't click "order now" quick enough!
The colors in this kit are so "me"!!!

I was thrilled with the quick delivery time, too. The kit actually arrived one day when I was home from work sick. After sleeping most of the day away, the kit on my doorstep was a welcome surprise. I took some time to scrap before the boys got home and then finished up a few more layouts as I had time over the next few days and this weekend.

With this kit, I didn't really look too hard to find photos to match up with it. I just took my last photo order and decided to tell the stories that I wanted to tell now. The first is about Kevin and how he was our tour guide during a stop we made at Lincoln'd Boyhood Home over Spring Break. Since Kevin had toured their in the fall with a field trip, he knew everything there was to know. That kid is a sponge!I mixed up some Cosmo Cricket and Jillibean Soup for this one. LOVE the two alphas in the kit!

The weekend before I received the kit, Kevin had made out invitations for his First Communion. I was able to scrap his invitation with a photo of him working on them. I pulled papers and embellishments to match the invitations and his red shirt in the photo.
Reese's Baptism was in my "new photo pile." LOVED using a mixture of new October Afternoon and Sassafrass Lass to capture this memory. I just love her expression in the photo with Blake. He added to the special-ness of the day by being an altar server during the Mass.
I LOVED the yellow ribbon in this kit!

I've mentioned before how our church is growing and asked the kids to get involved and create an art project. I was able to document this for Blake's album using new Pink Paislee papers in the kit.

I fell in love with that Bazzill bling tree. I'm afraid I'll want to buy more of those now!

I also have another LO completed with this kit (so far!), but it's an 8.5x11 layout for my personal album. I'll post that one later with some others.

Personal Scrapper is having an online crop that started today. I have 15 challenges to keep me inspired. Luckily we are out of school tomorrow. I had planned to take the boys out for a day trip, but have one arguing with me trying to keep us home to just enjoy the day here. We've had a lot of rain lately and I think he's looking forward to a pretty day of just playing basketball in the driveway.

We'll see where we end up tomorrow...

2 comments:

Melanie said...

THUD! That kit looks packed full of awesome stuff. It is SO you! Glad you are having fun with it.

Sheila Mayden said...

FUN! FUN! FUN!