Friday, April 16, 2010

Take me out to the ballgame...

Tonight is Opening Night for baseball - WOO-HOO!!!
We look forward to tonight and this weekend's opening tournament for weeks (ok, months...). And TONIGHT is the NIGHT to get back out on the field and win some games!
And eat some nachos from the concession stand. We LOVE our ballpark food almost as much as the game!
I didn't want to do a post without a photo, so I pulled up this one from last year:
I love the "shots from the back" that show the boys' name and number on their shirts. Last year Kevin was a Rookie League Reds and Blake was a Minor League As player.
Then I thought it would be fun to add photos from the past couple of years...
2008 was Blake's first year on the As and Kevin's Rookie team (yes, he's played three years since we moved him up early) was then called the Cubs.
When I look back on 2007, I get a little weepy. Look how my boys have grown!Blake looks so little in his last year of Rookie league (as an Oriole). It's hard to believe he was the same age Kevin is now. And Kevin really was just a baby in his last year of teeball as an Astro.
I'm ready for tonight and looking forward to capturing some great memories for my guys.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

What a great series of photos! You must be in heaven with ball season starting :)

Christian's team is the Orioles this year.

PLAY BALL!

Addie said...

Great pictures! Gabe's baseball practice just started yesterday. Games aren't until May 22nd. Hope your boys have a great season! I know you'll enjoy it!